Saturday, July 30, 2016

winter..







Just like that, we're more than half way through winter!

I've been trying super hard to change my tune this year, to embrace this bitterly cold season.  To be honest, it's the clothing that makes it easier for me to bare.  I love winter fashion, mixing up my layers, a snugly scarf, finding the perfect pair of Uggs to wear both at home and out in public,  if there is such a thing?  Either way, warm feet!

I've been making warm woollen gifts and reading in bed at night time.  Our Friday night, movie night, has become somewhat of a ritual to end our week and kick off our weekends.  We're spending time around the fire pit when we can, drinking soup or hot chocolate and toasting marshmallows. 

I'm putting fresh flowers or dried branches on our dining table, turning on the fairy lights when its dull and rainy outside. It all helps. It's the simple things we do to make the everyday just that little bit more special.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased that springtime is just around the corner, and I can't wait for our slushy yard to dry out a bit.  To be able to spend more time outside and see our garden come back to life.  To not have a permanent rack of washing drying in our living room.  Oh, Spring will be wonderful! 

Until then, we're keeping warm, getting out when the sun makes a rare appearance and enjoying a little bit of forced downtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! thanks so much for visiting x