Monday, March 17, 2014

a new season..


I didn't think I was ready to say goodbye to summer, but now that autumn is here I remember how much I love this season and feel myself sinking into it very comfortably. 

Days are still warm enough for bare feet and walks along the shore line, and afternoons cool enough to wrap yourself in snugly woollens.

The colours are softer, the sea air has a certain smell about it and for now days are still long enough for the kids to play outside until it's close to bed time.

Yes, I'm definitely ready to welcome the new season...and the calmer pace that comes along with it.


  

5 comments:

  1. Autumn is a beautiful time of year and also my favourite. I'm loving being able to get outside without getting scorched by the sun. Is that a cowl you're crocheting? I've got some alpaca yarn just waiting to be made into a cowl - such perfect weather for a bit of crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is my favourite season, just enough crispness in the air to start wearing my trusty jeans but not too cold. I adore those cute little tights your little poppet is wearing:) I hope Autumn comes soon I am ready for it, Summer doesn't seem to want to end up here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love those baby tights!
    I am aching for autumn. I can't wait. Here in Pretoria it might still be a couple of weeks off, but at least the nights are cooling down a bit.
    Lovely yarns you are working with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful photo's.
    Enjoy the arrival of Autumn,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x