Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 one word..and christmas snippets





my word for 2013 was 'strength'.  It's only a word, but nominating it as my one word made it something more tangible and solid in my heart and my head.  I needed a lot of it emotionally and physically, when our role as parents was challenged and our strength tested.  This word was one I needed to hold tight and would draw on during some really difficult times, and its one I will keep in the fore of my mind like a prayer always.

my word this year is actually two.. 'let go'.

I get so caught up in making sure everything is just so, routine is rarely broken, children are mostly in bed on time and things are always organised.  This is just me.  It's how I keep on top of everything and try to feel in control.  I simplify and do my best not to overcommit.  This is all good, but I feel that it might be time to relax things a bit.  I need to forget about routine sometimes and let my boys enjoy longer days, go for evening walks, hit the beach after school.. to just let go.

I want to be more spontaneous occasionally, to make more time to enjoy these beautiful babies, to live this life and to make memories from the moments.

how about you..what's your one word this new year?

link up with Bron over here...


12 comments:

  1. Somehow finding a word does make it more tangible, or at least for the first few months (for me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever. Where do you find the time to stand back, see stuff for what it is and be so clever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!!

    Enjoy letting go - i bet you will find your way to the middle ground of routine and spontaneity!

    my word is nourish - mind body and soul for me (and my family) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest is my word for 2014. Inner and outer rest and only found in The One and Only. Happy New Year!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos and your word(s)...wishing you a fabulous 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year dear! Yes, tis good to learn to let go a little. I need reminding sometimes. All the best to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you can find a way to the middle ground of routine and letting go. The easy way to learn to be spontaneous..... watch your children they will show you how. Not sure that I have a word for my year. So many new things are happening so maybe 'flow' should be what I should aim for. Happy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Choosing a word for the year is such a great idea. I'm a mum of four and constantly need reminding to just let things go, to not sweat the small stuff. I'm going with these words too, so thanks for putting my thoughts into words! Tina (from The Rogue Sparrow)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to be more spontaneous too. I am a real home body and love routine. Good luck this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what beautiful christmas wears. good luck with letting go, it's a challenge isn't it. At least you know where you want to be and that's a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let go is such a good mantra! I chose honour as my guiding word xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Christmas table and decorations are (not surprisingly!) beautiful, Mel. So uniquely 'you' and so creative.

    I initially read this as 'let's go' (which is also a brilliant mantra), but 'let go' suits us so much better when we're mums of young kids and being pulled in 10 different directions at once. x

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x