Thursday, December 5, 2013

festive..



it's getting festive around here, and this year it's super exciting because we're hosting Christmas lunch for my family! It's our first time of doing it for real and the first year we've not had to travel anywhere, YAY! 




so, we're crafting and cleaning and being inspired by our surroundings.  We're keeping things simple and rugged and rustic..


and a little bit sweet!

*I just found out that Kirsty is back with My Creative Space, squeeee! How super exciting!  So I've had to pop back here after posting this today to link up.  Oh the happiness..

So firstly, let me just say I did not make that fabulous pinecone wreath, it was the first christmas decoration I ever purchased when we bought our first home and were newly married.  My creative space this week has been getting my christmas on.  We made tin lanterns, which my boys thought was the best fun.  Ice, hammers, nails and everyone was happy!

I've been hanging branches all over the place adorned with anything from fairylights, baubles to little birdies.    

How about you, are you getting your Christmas on? Are you as happy as I am to have 'My Creative Space' back?


5 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely Mel - perfect in every way. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decorations. Simply beautiful.
    We put up our Christmas tree and half the lights died out so half our tree is lit :) It might just stay that way-LOL
    Have a beautiful day!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, simple and magical....perfection! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I read that last paragraph, I was going to ask if you made the pine cone wreath. My Mum just gifted me with a bag of gorgeously perfect miniature pinecones and I'm keen to make a wreath. I'm guessing hot glue gun? Love your rustic natural Christmas goodies. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the natural christmas feeling. Beautiful! Hugs Madelén

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x