Tuesday, January 1, 2013

one word..


My one word for 2012 was 'enjoy'.  Taking time to enjoy moments, the simple things in this life, and enjoy we did.

There was a lot of down time for me last year, adjusting to life without my babies at home, being that mum who could help in the classroom, bake and be homemaker.  I did enjoy the simple things and that word was always in the forefront of my mind.

The year 2012 was also a year for enormous change, challenge and despairing moments for the two of us as parents.  Life got very hard and unexpectedly complex, and that word 'enjoy' became an even more important focus.

This year, 2013, holds in store for us all kinds of wonderful.  With the impending arrival of a new baby in February, a new business to get off the ground, the big boys' last year of primary school, the middle hits grade 3 and the little guy is a big grade oner already!

Needless to say 2013 is not going to be an easy one, certainly a busy one, and we are going to embrace it for all that it may present.  

This new years word is going to be 'strength'.  I'm going to need a lot of it physically, mentally and emotionally.  This year I am going to be strong.

Happy New Year to you friends! May yours too be filled with all kinds of wonderful..x


17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word for you missy! You are going to be one busy bee but I bet you handle it all with grace! Can't wait to meet your new little person and see what other wonderful things Loved has in store for us. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. STRENGTH- perfect. I think i'll join you in that one :)

    happy new year

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing year for you...happy New Year, strong one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Mel. And perfect. I look forward to seeing your year unfold, my friend. Thanks for your warm companionship in Blogland in 2012. J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new word for the year.....mine is WISE, I want to be like a wise old owl! I can't wait for that new bundle...love Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Srength! Great word, great goal for a new year! Blessings to you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful words. Strength is such a powerful word and I'm sure you will do it with your usual grace, gentleness and depth. All the very best for 2013 with new beginnings with new baby and new business!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strength is a wonderful focus for any year, Mel. Strength in weathering the storms, strength in health and strength in conviction. I hope the most strength is in the love you receive and the kindness you give. Happiest new year, lovely Mel. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great focus Mel. It will be a year of personal growth. 2012 was my year of survival. I found strength I never knew existed let alone in myself. All the best with everything 2013 dishes out - and remember to still enjoy. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. May your year be full of strength! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. a beautiful post Mel, I think my word for 2013 is hope, while for 2012 it was "change"
    Happy New Year xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely and inspiring words, I'm new to your blog - it's brilliant!
    Happy New Year,
    Harri xx

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish that you get all what you need! Believe you will because you take destiny in your hand and make it happens. Anyway it seems that way to me. Nevertheless, may New Year bring lots of charming and wonderful memories to you and your boys!

    p.s. Love the hearts from previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you already are strong lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that word! All the best for 2013! May it be indeed a year of strength!

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x