Thursday, August 2, 2012

my creative space...soft

I've been going through my cotton stash with plans to start on something light and soft, getting the feel for Spring which is not far away now.  As much as I love winter, I'm feeling a bit drained from the cold and ready to feel warm sunshine on bare skin once again..
I've been feeling the need to crochet but not really feeling the inspiration, until I stumbled upon these soft cottons in my overflowing yarn case, and just made a start...
turns out it's a perfect knee rug, and feels so gorgeously silky and decadent draped around me.  A little chilly for this time of year, we still need those big robust woollies to curl up in for now, but later, perfect!

more creative spaces here...

13 comments:

  1. Its lovely and the colors are perfect.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours, this would make such a stunning baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice. It looks soft and cool for a warm summer night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those gentle colours look really great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours. Sometimes it's fun to start something to only discover the what you can create. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such an eye for colours me thinks! Everytime I see one of your works, my first thoughts are always about the colours you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is such a gorgeous knee rug. love the natural hues you selected.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadnt seen this but I just did a 'lately' post too!
    wish i had the time to be crafty today, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always choose the most beautiful pallets to crochet with:) I love these colours, so soft and I bet nice a snuggly too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. I really need to go through my stash and put it to work. I so easily get into buying new yarns when I really need to use up what I already have...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just loving those soft colours. I'm looking forward to a little bit of warmth too, despite being a fan of winter. Enjoy snuggling with your beautiful rug.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x