Friday, May 4, 2012

autumn baking..

a box of these were calling out to me, and my head was whirling with delicious possibilities..
crumble. puree, poached?
in the end baked was the go, and we do not think about our thighs when baking this dish.. 
I can not tell you how absolutely divine that buttery, creamy syrup tastes. 
 And the smell filling our house is heavenly!

This is a simple one form Stefanie..

butter up a baking dish
peel, halve and core 4 pears (or more, whatever)
lie them hollow side up in the dish & sprinkle a tablespoon of caster sugar over each half
dot some butter over each
slice a vanilla bean, break it up & pop it in
tip in 2 tablespoons of water
cover with foil & bake at 160 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs

take them out, dollop a bit of thick cream onto each of the hollows 
bake at 200 degrees uncovered for 15mins

VOILA!! 

heartwarming desert done.. 


10 comments:

  1. YUm, i love pears, a much underated fruit i think especially in desserts xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! How deliscious! I always forget how yummy pears are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to be a wet blanket, but I reckon just the divine smell would be enough to pile kilos on to thighs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH YUM! I'm drooling at just the pictures - and I can imagine the smell too........Thanks for sharing this! I might just have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How intoxicating is that smell? Yum, I must try this soon as it sounds too simple not to.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Pears but no one else in the house does. That little dish looks absolutely wonderful and really it is good to forget the thighs sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely delicious! As does your scarf in the previous post! I've just been having a nice little browse through your blog having a little catch up. beautiful beautiful photos. it is always a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy. moly. I will be making this and my husband will love me for it. but not as much as i'll love me!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s i'm new here, found you via Jodi (my neighbour) from Che and Fidel. You have created a lovely space, hope you don't mind if I hang about xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this looks so good..Need to make it for my hubs when he gets home.

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x