Saturday, June 4, 2011

couch time...

things don't always go according to plan...
I had hoped to take myself for a pleasant Saturday drive up to Daylesford today, a bit of wander through the gorgeous streets, markets & country side all on my own, pleasing myself, doing what I love in my own sweet time.  But my head feels like a giant putty ball, my eyes are in & out of focus, I'm sick!  As much as I've tried to convince myself otherwise, the reality is I'm in no shape to drive...

So it's a bit of quiet hooking time tucked up on my nana couch with a warm lemon-y concoction & some mindless movie watching for now...

Our house is unusually peaceful.  All the boys doing their own thing, playing happily.  Hubby's catching up on some work, organising his week ahead before he spends the rest of the afternoon in the garden.  I do love these weekends (apart from the feeling crappy) when we are all just content at home, with no plans & nowhere we need to be.  I am grateful this week that we don't have anything we must do, sometimes a bit of couch time is exactly what we all need...

what are you grateful for this week? Pop on over to Maxabella's and join in..

14 comments:

  1. hope you feel better soon Mel!
    you create the loveliest thing even when your head is feeling like a putty ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true about enjoying the couch time with nothing tooo demanding looming in front of us! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't that nice?! with the exception of the whole feeling sick thing. Relaxed days at home are wonderful, we are having one right now. It is great not to have anything to do for one whole afternoon - very rare pleasure indeed

    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel..it's good that you can spend today relaxing and hopefully overcoming that awful lurgy. It's good that Mr. is home as well to help with the kids. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sucks! Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon Mel x
    At the same time - enjoy the couch time and contented boys around you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, Mel. What a day to get sick. I hope you're on the mend and off to Daylesford soonest. And remember to pass on any tips after your visit, okay!?

    Be well. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful Me time only its sad that sometimes we have to be sick for it to come along! The kids and I are going to try and paint the house this week...It's so nice to be in warmer temps finally!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mel, what a shame you didn't get your day in Daylesford.

    Hope you're feeling tip top ASAP, no doubt when you dot get to Daylesford you'll enjoy it twice as much........


    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  10. You poor thing. I hope you are feeling on top of the world by now.
    And Daylesford will wait but you must reschedule because that did sound like a great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sending you get well wishes but it sounds to me as if your making the most of a bad situation ......couch time sounds like heaven .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling well enough to get off that couch real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I hope that you are feeling better! Your couch looks extra comfy and pretty though.

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x