Thursday, May 5, 2011

my creative space...

...is all about mending & making do this week.  Although we are only celebrating my brother & his beautiful fiance's engagement this weekend, I am already planning my outfit for their wedding!  I found a gorgeous vintage style clutch handbag a while ago which is stunning on it's own, but I thought I'd make it a pretty shoulder strap out of ribbons & buckles from my overflowing stash.  I love these colour combinations, they will go perfectly with my dress, bought at least 14yrs ago & worn to many spacial occasions, but it's elegant & timeless and I always feel fabulous in it.
Last night our local bookstore hosted an intimate gathering of very excited local ladies to meet & be inspired by the gorgeous & talented Crafty Minx herself, Kelly Doust!!  It was such a buzz to meet her, she is just lovely, I so enjoyed hearing her story.  I was too shy to ask for a photo, but we did have a little chat & she kindly signed my books...Oh boy, I'm still on a high!  

More creative space here...    

12 comments:

  1. Good for you for finding a dress you love that makes you feel like a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty strap. I'm getting some ideas just looking at it. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a much loved dress for any occasin :)
    I really love the colours of your new bag strap, it looks great.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a dress like that - that comes out for all the special occasions! Have fun making your purse strap!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely evening, getting to meet the author of some of your favourite books..very special! Your shoulder strap looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your colour choices always make me go ahhhh. this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Mel, tell us more about the book! I've had it on my wishlist for a while. Would it be any good for a novice sewer like me? J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a lucky girl! It is exciting to meet someone who writes a book you enjoy. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly, you can never plan an outfit for a wedding too early!! Secondly, what a fun night you must have had, how lucky to meet Kelly I'm very envious. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lucky to meet the crafty minx - I bet it was a buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im glad i'm not the only one that wears dresses bought years ago...
    Anything timeless is a must.
    Straps are looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always put together the most beautiful things! The strap is no exception.
    I have a vintage suit in my cupboard that makes me feel SOOO good when I wear it (just fitting back into it post baby). Isn't it great when you find something like that? I don't care how old it is! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x