Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Rainy Day...

Well after a hot morning and a flutter through the op shops, my little guy and I came home to 'get things done'!  However, highly uninspired by all the things that need doing & overcome with the aroma of ripening bananas filling the kitchen, it rained so we baked!
This is my absolute favourite cook book!  Admittedly, I bought it because I adore the cover, but I love, love, love every recipe inside!  It's like a joyous memoir of childhood, family, friends and good wholsome food...




Of course it's compulsory to call on the big guns for cleaning up! 

5 comments:

  1. oh yummo, looks delicious! that cooking bug seems to have left my house for a while. must get back on track!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at that book for ages but haven't bought it because I thought I just wanted it for the cover. Now thanks to you, I think I might be allowed. Your cleaner uperer looks like a great help. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Couldn't agree with you more! Her Cranberry and Chocolate biscuits are a weekly bake around here (could explain my backside), and the chicken escalopes with lemon and butter with the potatoes on the facing page (p. 232-233) is ordered from by the smalls (and the Mr) every week - have you tried that? Delish! It's just also a lovely read isn't it? Having said all that I still rate Molly Wizenberg's banana bread from "A homemade life" as the best of the best in the banana bread stakes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i was always allowed to lick the beaters & spatulas growing up, my husband was not. So i insist our children do too, i even dunk the utensils back in for extra so all 4 get a decent lick. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree wit Posie- they need to be allowed to lick- its the best bit! Also the cover of that bok is so gorgeous!! I can see why you bought it, i never cook but would be tempted because of the cover!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x