Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's Christmas Time...

Our Christmas decorations look so pretty this year.  It's the first time we've been able to have a tree without it being pulled to pieces by little people who get more enjoyment hurling baubles across a room than admiring them from a safe distance.  Sadly, we're all tucked up in bed before dark so we never get to see it all at it's most delightful, at night time when all the lights are twinkling in the windows & the whole house is lit up by the Christmas tree.  I know, I know, everyone says 'But it's Christmas let the kids stay up late & enjoy it, at least they'll sleep later in the morning!'.  Not my kids! They could be up until midnight every night & still be awake by 5.30am every morning!  Is it worth it?....I guess so...it is Christmas after all...aren't we all supposed to be sleep deprived and physically and mentally exhausted at this time of year?   I would love to take them for a drive around town to see all the beautiful decorations & lights.  That's half the fun, right?! I suppose they'll sleep eventually....won't they....?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! thanks so much for visiting x